Winter Wonderland Swap

Join us in our WINTER SWAP! We're going to have fun, get to know new people, and, of course, KNIT KNIT KNIT!!!

29 November 2006

Here's my snowflake illusion washcloth.
I've been in touch with both my upstream (Hi Toni!) and downstream (that's a secret) pals and I'm working on another washcloth in a snowdrop lace pattern...but I have had to frog it twice UGGH! If it was for me, I would say what's one little mistake, it's just a washcloth. But when it is for someone else, well, you really don't want any mistakes in it! I'll post a picture when (if) I get it right.
Jane

5 Comments:

  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger lauriec said…

    very nice! The light blue/white make a pretty contrast!!

    I hear you on the mistake theory, if it's something I'm felting you know that the felting process will "forgive" your mistakes. But a patterned dishcloth? Forget it!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    You must be referring to The infamous "Snowdrop Lace" pattern!!!
    I am working on this beast myself and have frogged it once so far.
    One misplaced stitch and the whole design went wonky on me!
    I haven't given up, good luck with yours;)
    Love the illusion snowflake cloths!

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    Yes - that's the one Susan! But it's so pretty -I really want to make it for my pal.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    Okay, where do I find this illusion pattern? That's so clever but I just can't wrap my mind around how to do that.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    Okay, found the pattern from Jane's blog. Thanks, Jane!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home